I found this post a while ago and was just thinking about it. Rather than just repost the very amusing video here, I thought I would just reblog the original post in its entirety. I hope you all enjoy! I sure did.
Category Archives: Learning Spanish
I have a degree in Spanish but that doesn’t mean I know all there is to know about speaking, reading or understanding Spanish. Not even close! I graduated in 1982 and I did not get a job utilizing my Spanish. For our trip two years ago(I have various posts here about that trip, here’s a sample about Barcelona), I wanted to be sure that I could guide my family around Spain. And since I had not used my Spanish in a long while, I practiced and practiced by reading all kinds of things in Spanish and having a few pen pals in Spain who were learning English. We would write in both English and Spanish and then correct each other’s errors. In that process, I collected alot of resources on learning Spanish. I thought it would be nice to have all these resources in one spot. So, here we go!
- I never go anywhere without a good dictionary. Here’s one more for translation which is the same site I linked for verb conjugation and I found the translation page later on.
- A forum with more fun learning opportunities
- Verb conjugation made easy
Notes in Spanish
I found this site years ago and joined their forum(the forum is no longer active but one can still view the posts there). It was created by a couple who live in Madrid, Ben and Marina. I found alot of great information as well as fun videos to watch to continue learning Spanish. They do a great job and I have learned a great deal. Here are some links with helpful learning advice from their forum and podcasts:
- Best way to improve listening skills
- Learning Spanish by reading literature in Spanish
- Another thread with book recommendations
- Some free Spanish learning reports
- Many Ben and Marina videos
- Listen to radio broadcasts from Spain – there is also an app for your phone and I’ve been listening that way as well.
- Type Spanish accents – if you can’t figure out how to do the character map on your computer (one I have, one I haven’t), this is a handy tool for typing Spanish accents and tildes.
- Cody’s Cuentos – another fun way to enhance your Spanish learning, reading classic fairy tales in Spanish
- Spanish podcast – a site I found via this blog post that has a few more Spanish learning links
- Spanish language and culture – another site with good learning activities
- Learn Spanish online – another site I had bookmarked
- Spanish idioms
- A site with audio and transcripts
- More fairy tales in Spanish
As I find more I will update this page. If anyone reading this has other sites they visit that they like and that have helped you, feel free to leave a comment and I will update this page. Thanks! And happy learning :)