I love the blogging community!! I have been honored to receive many awards and I am very humbled by them all. I have not had much time to accept many of them properly so I thought instead that I would create a page to recognize all the wonderful bloggers who have been so gracious as to nominate me.
My first award was One Lovely Blog Award and it was given to me by a blogger whose blog no longer exists. I hope she is well. I did create a post to accept this one. Thank you Pooja!
Next, Reena Reigns nominated me for the Adventurous Blogger award. Thanks Reena!
The Retiring Sort nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger award and I thank you so much!
sharechair nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger award. Thank you, it’s truly appreciated!!
And then my blogger friend in Madrid gave me my first Spanish award, the Premio Dardos. Truly an honor. Thanks Marién from Te Veo en Madrid.
My most recent was the Liebster Award given to me by Playamart, an American artist living in Ecuador. Thanks again Z!!
Do check out all of the blogs that I’ve linked here, they are all great!! Most of these awards come with rules of acceptance and each is a little different. And instead of creating a post for each of them I’m going to borrow an idea from my friend Marianne at East of Málaga and share some facts about me here. Some of these are repeats from my “About” page but others are not.
- I fell in love with Spain while studying abroad as a junior in college in Madrid. Since then I have been back to Spain twice, once for my 5oth birthday and again for hubby and my 20th anniversary. You can find posts on my blog from both of those trips. A handful of my favorites include: Our visit to Córdoba; Ah Barcelona, we barely knew ye; La Alhambra – Granada, España; Madrid then and now and Fun in the sun and a little bit of rain – Málaga, España
- My husband and I want to retire to Málaga, Spain.
- I play the flute and sing soprano. I probably should sing alto but because of playing the flute I got used to hearing/playing the melody and then automatically sing the soprano line. But the upper ranges really are hard for me. Maybe one day I’ll be brave and try to sing alto.
- I love gardening and photographing flowers, fruits and veggies either in my own garden or other gardens or anywhere in my travels where I find something lovely to photograph, the St. Paul farmers’ market, for example. Or check out my Summer Gardening post for a sampling of photos from my garden as well as the squash that started taking over my neighbor’s yard!
- Hubby and I have a daughter and two cats and we live in the twin cities.
- I love to write. Perhaps a given since I have a blog. I had wanted to create a blog for quite some time. Then one day in February 2012 I finally created it. I am really enjoying it very much. I love meeting other bloggers from all over the world, learning new things, seeing wonderful photos of all kinds of things and even getting into some political discussions along the way. It has been a very rewarding experience, more than I ever imagined.
Again, I want to thank the awesome bloggers who nominated me for these wonderful awards. I look forward to getting to know you all better. Thanks again, from the bottom of my heart. You all rock!!